Tempo de leitura: 4 minutos
The year 2020 is already knocking on our doorstep and for those already managing and distributing their digital assets on a DAM platform or even those who will need one, I have separated the main trends of DAM platforms for 2020.
This allows you to analyze whether the platform that manages your assets is already prepared or meets what the demands of industries in all segments are requesting in terms of technology, user experience and security.
If you are unfamiliar with the topic I suggest reading two articles – one that talks about what Digital Asset Management (DAM) is and another that explains the difference between DAM platform and File Storage platform for you. understand the basic differences of each and when DAM is the best option in its segment.
If you already understand these concepts let’s go to the 2020 DAM trends.
The Digital Asset Management (DAM) market was valued at USD 1.25 Million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 6.9 Billion over the 2019-2024 period at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) – annual compound of 34.1%.
1. Cloud is a priority : Two important pieces of information show this trend. According to a survey commissioned by Oracle ™ 85% of all industry work will be transferred to the Cloud and most likely these industries will also move their media files in this movement. By 2025 80% of industries will have migrated from their local data centers to the cloud. If the cost of processing and storage technology increases as digital asset production volumes increase (from all formats) then this account will not close
According to Gartner, revenue from “Public Clouds” is expected to grow 17.3% to a total of $ 206 billion.
2. In addition to auto-tagging: If process automation on a DAM platform was trending in 2019, industry demand in 2020 calls for more than auto-tagging as artificial intelligence is becoming prevalent in the DAM industry and can help with tasks such as speech transcription. , recognition of emotions in facial or speech images, detection of various conditions in images, identity verification, signaling errors in legal documents and lip reading. IA is the spotlight.
3. Ease on the palm (or anything else): One more statistic to show the trend. According to Gartner, by 2020, 95% of new products will contain Internet of Things (IoT) and, to phones and tablets, will add billions of other smart devices where our digital files can be easily accessed or found . And how does this happen? Using APIs with advanced integration capabilities offered by the technology industry to bridge platform and IoT devices.
4. The consumer is the boss: Usability above anything else. This is the keyword of everything the industry has done that interacts with consumers. Usability is a vital part of customer service. If your product is difficult to use, it means that you are offering poor customer service and people will not engage with your product. Usability here is not ease or beautiful design but the whole journey, not only of the user but of the customer, when he searches for your company or product, how he contacts you to buy or even get support and the usability he finds in all features. It is a guarantee of good LTV (Customer Life-Time Value).
5. Technology is no longer limiting: Can you imagine the number of platforms, applications and technologies in existence today? And how much will they grow or how new formats and / or standards will be created in 5 or 10 years? With this scenario the industry needs to ensure that different technologies talk to each other. More of what I said in item 3. This would greatly reduce manual labor. Example: with each new publication, your team needs to download some files and upload them to CMS. Does she need to do this manually? or can connections between these platforms via API save manual upload and download time, as well as ensure reporting and history? The DAM should ensure this.
6. Security towards digital trust: In 2010, a new paradigm called Zero Trust (understand the Zero Trust) was introduced, a security concept based on the belief that organizations shouldn’t trust nothing outside the network and should check everything that is trying to connect to their systems before granting access. But that is changing because companies are beginning to understand that trust is the most important factor we build for every interaction we have with a customer. The DAM platform will ensure security without creating usability barriers.
7. The consumer buying journey is changing Oh really? Here we are not going to talk about the usability of the platform for the user, but the change in the way they interact personally with the platform. More numbers? According to Oracle, 80% of the buyer’s journey is expected to occur without any direct human interaction by 2020, 90% of B2B buyers say they will find their company and product when they are ready, and 85% of customer interactions will be by 2020. Auto-selling BOTs? Who knows….
If you have other trends for DAM platforms in 2020 let’s talk about it … drop a message … email@example.com
Now that you know what DAM platform trends are for 2020, find out how Yapoli can be a trend:
We are an intelligent platform that optimizes the management and distribution of digital files for the industry in a safe, practical, fast and measurable manner.